How to wear neutrals
The burning questions on everyone’s lips come Spring.
How can I wear neutral colours, they look so glamorous on other women but feel like they drain me. I meet so many women every single week who adore neutral tones but struggle to wear them successfully. Here’s the lowdown on how to select a neutral that will compliment you.
Let’s talk facts…
- You won’t find neutral colours on the colour wheel. The reason for this is that neutrals typically like pigment.
- Neutral colours include shades of black, shades of white, shades of ivory and cream, shades of grey, blush pink and more recently, metallics.
- If you have a striking look; with pale skin and lots of depth in your hair, it’s likely that you can choose black, white and blush pinks.
- If your skin tone tends to be more sallow, your best neutrals will include shades of cream, warmer tones of grey and gold metallics.
Here are some of the top tips I have been sharing recently with clients…
- Using different tones of the shades will instantly elevate your look.
- Choosing clever prints in neutral tones will create balance in the figure; the key is to use the print to draw attention to an area of your body you want to show off i.e. if you’ve got great legs, wear printed trousers.
- Layering using textures such as a silk blouse and cashmere coatigan provides a luxe look whilst still feeling current.